- 1920s — Palais Royal and Bealls are founded as Family Owned Businesses.
- 1988 — Three Bealls Brothers merged with Palais Royal to form Specialty Retailers Inc. (SRI), a private company based in Houston.
- 1992 — SRI acquired 76 store retail chain Fashion Bar of Denver, whose stores included a Juniors’ chain called Stage.
- 1994 — 45 Beall-Ladymon stores were acquired and the names were changed to Stage.
- 1996 — SRI acquired 34 Uhlman’s stores in Indiana, Ohio and Michigan.
- 1996 — The company went public under the name of Stage Stores, Inc.
- 1997 — Stage Stores purchased 246 store chain C.R. Anthony Company located in the South Central US and reopened under the Bealls and Stage logos.
- 2001 — Stage Stores is reorganized.
- 2003 — Stage Stores acquired Peebles, Inc. which operated 136 stores in 17 states, maintaining the Peebles name and administrative office in South Hill, Virginia.
- 2004 — Stage Stores exceeded $1.0 Billion in sales volume.
- 2006 — Stage Stores acquired the BC Moore chain of 78 locations in 4 states. Sixty-nine of these stores were reopened under the Peebles name and the remaining nine stores were closed.
- 2009 — Stage purchased the Goody’s name through the Goody’s bankruptcy auction. The Company began using the Goody’s name in select markets in which there is strong customer awareness and recognition of the name.
- 2010 — Stage Stores launched its eCommerce website
- 2011 — Stage Stores launched Steele’s, its off-price concept
- 2012 — Stage Stores launched its new private label credit card loyalty program with enhanced cardholder benefits; launch was accompanied by reissue of over 2 million credit cards
- 2013 — Stage Stores consolidated its South Hill administrative office into its Houston headquarters
- 2013 — Stage Stores replatformed its eCommerce website with enhanced functionality; site goes live in time for holiday shopping period
- 2015 — Stage Stores launched its mobile app, featuring exclusive offers, store locator, price checker, customer reviews and account status
About this location:
Featured Brands at this Store
- Estee Lauder
- Jessica Simpson
- New Balance