PETCO — Mountain City Highway
Elko, NV Hours and Location
Hours street map for all businesses nearby.
Other Nearby Locations:
2747 Mountain City Highway
Elko, NV 89801
Other Nearby Locations:
With convenient locations, well-trained stylists and personalized service, Petco is the easy choice for all of your pet's grooming needs. From drop-off to pickup, we'll treat them with the love and care they deserve, so they look and feel their best.
Full-service Bath or Groom
Includes bath with natural shampoo, blow dry, 15 minute brush out, ear cleaning, nail trim, gland expression and scented spritz.
Includes bath with natural shampoo, blow dry, 15 minute brush out, ear cleaning, nail trim, gland expression and scented spritz PLUS a customized trim and style.
Prices vary. Make an appointment at your local Petco.
Full-service Upgrade Options
Looking for a skin and coat solution or just want to upgrade the grooming experience?
Pick 3 Spa Package $22
Select custom shampoo, conditioner and spritz plus add 3 spa upgrades:
- 15 minute extra brushing
- Blueberry facial
- Breath refresh
- Teeth brushing
- Nail grind
- Paw balm application
- Nail pawlish
Pampered Pet $25
This rejuvenating service works to hydrate and exfoliate your pet's skin & coat, restoring the shiny, healthy look. Choose either Dead Sea Mineral Mud Bath or oil treatment.
De-shedding Treatment $20 small-medium $30 large-giant
Includes FURminator loose undercoat removal, natural shed-reducing shampoo and treatment, followed by another thorough FURminator brush-out and aloe hydrating treatment.
Flea Relief $13
Protect your dog with your choice of a naturally medicated or flea shampoo, moisturizing coat conditioner and spritz. (not available in North Carolina)
À La Carte Specialties
No appointment necessary.
- Mini make-rover $25Brush out, ear cleaning, nail trim, and teeth brushing or brushless gel
- Posh paws $20Nail grind, paw balm, pawlish
- Face, feet and fanny trim $15
- Blueberry facial tear stain cleansing $5
- Breath refresh brushless gel $13
- Teeth brushing $10
- Ear cleaning and nail trim $15
- Ear cleaning $10
- Nail trim $10
- Nail grind $15
The Petco Grooming Experience
Convenient in-store salons
- Open evenings, weekends and most holidays
- Full-service appointments and walk-in options available
- Shop while you wait
Trained stylists you can trust
- Our training program is designed by veterinarians and leading groomers
- All stylists must pass the Petco Safety Certification exam
- We'll do the tough jobs, like nails, ears, and gland expression
Care you can count on
- Pre-groom consult to determine your pet's needs
- Aftercare recommendations
- If you're not happy, we'll make it right
PETCO positive dog training
Proper training is essential for a long, happy and safe relationship with your dog, setting the foundation to ensure your dog stays physically fit, mentally alert, socially engaged and emotionally happy. To make dog training an enjoyable and fulfilling activity, our approach is positive, rewards-based, fun and effective.
At Petco, we encourage pet parents take a positive approach to make dog training an enjoyable, fulfilling activity. By nurturing bonds with dogs through positive reinforcement, the training process becomes easier for everyone involved.Petco Positive Dog Training
- Offers fun, educational classes in a safe setting
- Teaches pet parents how dogs think, learn and communicate
- Provide advice on how to encourage and reward polite dog manners in real-world situations
- Promotes a relationship of mutual respect and trust
Our Professional Dog Trainers undergo an intense 16-week training program that is updated yearly with the most cutting-edge methods, ideas and principles. Classes utilize proven, science-based training principles based on research conducted by internationally renowned psychologist and behaviorist, B.F. Skinner.
To help dogs retain positive behaviors, our classes keep a dog's mind engaged and in a constant state of learning while our trainers closely observe how dogs are responding to their pet parents to optimize training. This includes:
- Dog-friendly communication – rewarding good and ignoring inappropriate behavior
- Instruction – guidance from our professional dog trainers on how to teach a behavior and cater to a dog's specific needs
- Enrichment – keeping a dog's mind engaged by encouraging dog to identify what behavior is being rewarded
- Environmental Management – setting dogs up for success in any situation
- Compassion – strengthening the bond between pet and pet parents
Training and classes are for dogs only. Current vaccinations required. Available in select locations. Class selection may vary by location.
Puppy Level 1
For puppies 2-4 months oldThis 6-week introductory group class focuses on socialization and is designed to teach your puppy basics including "sit," loose leash walking and to come when called. This dog training class also covers problem-solving ideas for potty training, chewing, teething, digging and more.
Puppy Level 2
For puppies between 4-6 months oldThis 6-week group class expands on lessons learned in Level 1, phases out the use of treats so you can have a well-mannered puppy all the time and introduces fun activities to help keep your puppy's mind active!
Puppy Essentials Package
This comprehensive two-class package covers the basics of your puppy’s educational needs. Includes puppy level 1, puppy level 2 and AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy test.
Puppy Complete Package
This comprehensive package gives your puppy the very best in training. This three-class package includes puppy level 1, puppy level 2, one of our adult dog classes, a private lesson and AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy test.
Adult Dog Level 1
For dogs over 6 months oldThis 6-week introductory group class is designed to help you better communicate and train your older puppy or mature dog. Dogs will learn skills such as "leave it," "wait" and walking on a loose leash. This class also addresses challenges such as jumping, barking and digging.
Adult Dog Level 2
For dog that have graduated from Adult Dog Level 1This 6-week group class expands on lessons learned in Level 1, introduces distractions so your dog will learn to listen in any situation and teaches you fun games to play with dogs of any age.
Canine Good Citizen Class
For dogs that have graduated from Adult Dog Level 2The American Kennel Club Canine Good Citizen (AKC CGC) certification is recognized as a high standard of dog behavior and is an excellent way to prepare for therapy dog training. This training class prepares you and your dog to take the AKC CGC test as well as improve on behaviors already learned.
Adult Dog Essentials Package
This comprehensive two class starter package for your dog includes adult level 1 and adult level 2 or AKC Canine Good Citizen class and AKC Canine Good Citizen test.